Wouldn't it be great if you could import a Component Based System Design into Tangram Pro™? It turns out, you can! This feature allows users to port a model design from one Tangram Pro™ deployment, say our try.tangramflex.io, to another environment. To cross the treacherous gap between Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and software implementation tool interoperability is critical. Tangram Pro's import feature helps make that happen!
You'll learn how to:
- Import a Component Based System Design in Tangram Pro™
- Open the Workspace and examine the Components
Tangram Pro™ currently supports the import of AADL models. This feature is a companion feature to exporting a Component Based System Desgin. Don't worry, you don't have to know AADL to take advantage of this feature, but you will want to export a Tangram Pro™ model before working through the steps below.
- Click Component Library in the menu on the far left of the screen
- Click Import
- Select a team from the Select Team dropdown menu
- Select System as the Category
- Click the Select AADL Files
Completing the above steps will open your file finder - from here, you can select the files you want to import into Tangram Pro™
- Select the files you want to import
- Click Open
- Click Import Components
- Click Done :::note Select the team you imported the AADL files to in order to view the Components in the Component Library :::
You can think of your Workspace as your top level Component. For now, we are using the
My Workspace Component Type and its Implementation
First System as a shell to house other Components that you are about to create. As you visualize more complicated systems, you can edit the top level Component Type to exchange messages with other Components.
- Click the Component to view
- Click the Implementation to view
- Click Open Workspace
- Select a Component and click Open New Tab
- Click the Details icon i on the left side menu to view Componenet details
By completing this tutorial, you've learned to visualize your first Component based system design with Tangram Pro™!
Check out what you accomplished:
- Imported a Component Based System Design into a
- Opened and explored the Component Based System Design you imported
If you want to know more about Component based system design in Tangram Pro™, take a look at our blog posts.
Check out Discuss, our Tangram Flex community and find out more about Component based system design with a CSIP.
Additional items available in Tangram Pro™, but not discussed in this tutorial
- A Component Library shareable across Teams
- Component Copying
- Additional message sets, such as Open Mission Systems (OMS) and STANAG4586(NATO)
- Linking Components to repositories